Monday, February 27, 2017

Tag-Alongs














Christopher travels to Phoenix about once a month for work. I suggested he let us tag along one time to make a family getaway out of it. At first he wasn't to keen on the idea but then it just so happened one of his potential sales reps invited us to come stay at her house. I jumped on the invitation!


I think I needed the getaway more than anyone else. As a family we haven't got away since Thanksgiving time and I feel like life's demands are constantly stretching me thin. A few days away from daily responsibilities was a good refresher for motherhood.

The kids were thrilled to tag along on Dad's work trip. The biggest excitement was swimming at the pool. We lucked out with one of Christopher's sales reps having a membership to a resort with an awesome pool. Though the temperature wasn't too hot, the pool was heated so it was enjoyable.

Another day we crashed a ward party which had dinner, dancing, and child care. Christopher and I were a little hesitant to be going to a ward party we weren't members of but his salesrep, who's ward it was, insisted we join her. It turned out to be a great date night.

Unfortunately, it down poured one day which made for us stuck inside watching movies. After a long day being couped up we took the kids to a local arcade.

The last day was filled with fun. In the morning the kids and I did a hike. It was a little steep and their was some complaints but we made it to the top. Afterwards we had lunch and then headed to the McCormick Stillman Train park. This, and swimming, were the highlights of our trip.

This definitely wasn't a vacation; as Christopher worked and I solely was with the kids, but I'm glad we had some time away. Just having a change of scenery sometimes is good rejuvenation.

1 comment:

Marissa And Jesse said...

come to my house when you wanna get out for a bit! :)